Marketing tip - Wednesday, July 29, 2009 5:29 - 1 Comment
Article written by Chris Catchpole, award winning direct marketing copywriter based in the United Kingdom
Thank you for letting me talk to you about something I love. I write passionately because I am passionate about writing.
Can you write?
Wonderful. The rest is just practice.
It is not a special gift.
Do you read newspapers?
Have you got a favourite book?
Do you read often?
Do you read ads?
Do you read direct mail packs?
There is so much bad direct mail. Most of it is written by people who ‘learn’ how to write direct marketing. They learn DM-speak. They follow all the rules from all the books but they end up with a dog’s dinner. They come on courses such as this one and get told by copywriters and Creative Directors how to write in a direct marketing way. Is this right? Isn’t writing just a simple conversation – person to person not robot to robot? And, via data, the more you know about them, the more personal it can be. You can write a multitude of different letters to a multitude of different people – that’s the beauty of targeting and lasering. Continue…
- A little surprise for you net-fiends from Drayton Bird
- DISCONTINUE OR DIE: MICHAEL LEANDER’S MARKETING TIPS
- QUIZ: WHICH POP-UP WORKS BEST?
- MARKETING TIP 12: USING SURVEYS FOR LEAD ACQUISITION AND MORE
- MARKETING TIP 11: XOBNI FOR OUTLOOK
- MARKETING TIP 10: MONITOR COMPETITION WITH GOOGLE ALERT
- MARKETING TIP 9: MIND MAPPING FOR MARKETERS
- MARKETING TIP 8: MARKETING PLANNING AND MARKETING BUDGETING
- MARKETING TIP 7: 5 IMPORTANT WEB-METRICS
- MARKETING TIP 6: GOOGLE PAGE RANK
- MARKETING TIP 5: MONITORING TRAFFIC AND RANKING AT ALEXA
- MARKETING TIP 4: TURNING LONG URLS INTO SHORT TRACKABLE URLS
- MARKETING TIP 3: INSPIRATION AND EDUCATION FOR FREE
- MARKETING TIP 2: DOES YOUR WEBSITE DESERVE A TOP GRADE ?
- MARKETING TIP 1: TWITTER GRADER GRADES TWITTERS
Most Popular Content
- Innovation: Video inside print magazine
- Did you know 4.0 - new version of the Shift video
- Chris Anderson video interview: Free the future of radical price
- Study: Facebook campaign for B2B marketers
- CMO Trends 2010 Survey
- Social media: Sprite takes Youtube and Facebook to the next level
- Internet marketing in Cyprus
- Das neue Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (BDSG) – Die neuen Herausforderungen für Vertrieb und Marketing… Von Opt-Out zu Opt-in !
- Cavendish Hotel, London, United Kingdom - video
- The social media revolution video
- Michael Leander talks to Drayton Bird
- Copywriting is also a skill that takes years of practice to become very effectiv...
- Video Marketing is an interesting and very effective way to market affiliate pro...
- I also promote some of my affiliate links on Facebook by making Facebook fan pag...
- Hi, email marketing is one of those topics that seems to go under the radar thes...
- Very interesting- but I could have told you that putting a picture of you on the...
- You also could consider to integrate - on your own webpages - a web application ...
- With Internet marketing, it is really important to think about the customers bec...
- Here is a good one, number one printer in USA sent the client a PDF proof of a 9...